Skip to main content TurnOffAccessibility
Global Breadcrumb
anadarko.com Variations, Welcome Menu, My Site, My Links, Help
Help (new window)

Search Go

 Ownership Changes

Information and documents needed for different types of ownership changes are directed to a Land Administration contact

Name Changes

An individual's name changes due to marriage or divorce

  • Copy of Marriage Certificate or Divorce Decree reinstating maiden name change or other documents affecting name change

Company or corporation changes its name

  • Certificate of Name Change including Tax ID

Company or corporation's name change due to a merger

  • Certificate of Merger including Tax ID

 Trust/Partnership Change

Trust or Partnership is created

  • Trust or Partnership Agreement 
  • If appropriate, recorded document conveying the interest in a property to a Trust or Partnership

Trust or Partnership is terminated

  • Dissolution of Trust or Partnership
  • If appropriate, a recorded conveyances to beneficiary

Changes in Trustee

  • Recorded instrument whereby the successor trustee was appointed

Death of Owner

Owner died with a Will and probate proceedings are to be conducted in the state where the property is located

  • Copy of Death Certificate
  • Certified copy of the Last Will & Testament recorded in the county where the property is located
  • Order admitting Will to Probate
  • Letters Testamentary

Owner died without a Will (intestate) and the Estate is under administration (Laws of Descent and Distribution will apply as relevant)

  • Copy of Death Certificate
  • Certified copy of the administration proceedings

Owner died without a Will (intestate) and no administration will be had, or with a Will which will not be probated

  • Copy of Death Certificate
  • An Affidavit of Heirship properly completed and notarized. It should be executed by two disinterested parties and recorded in the county where this property is located.

Owner having a life estate dies

  • The death certificate and a copy of the deed noting the life estate should be submitted to Land Administration.
  • The remaindermen address(es) and tax identification number(s) are required as well.

Interest is owned by Joint Tenancy and one dies

  • Copy of Death Certificate of joint tenant

Miscellaneous Information

Sale of an interest

  • Conveyance filed of record in the county/parish in which the property is located

Appointment of Attorney-in-Fact

  • Copy of Power of Attorney

Ownership change due to divorce

  • Complete Divorce Decree including Settlement Agreement
  • If appropriate, recorded conveyances