Fundamental to our operating philosophy is a commitment to adhere to the strictest of standards: the individual state or country's regulations, our own policies and principles, or international industry standards.
Beyond New Zealand, examples of Anadarko's commitment to environmental excellence include:
- 2012 Platts Global Energy Award for Deepwater Engineering
- 2012 Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission Awards for Environment and Community Relations (video)
- 2012 Greater Natural Buttes Record of Decision from the U.S. Department of the Interior (video)
- 2012 Appalachian Shale Recommended Practices and Procedures (document)
- Anadarko's development of Ocean Current Power Generation technology (video)
- Founding Member of The Climate Registry and American Carbon Registry
- Operator of one of the largest Carbon Sequestration projects in the world at Salt Creek, Wyoming
For a more complete list of Anadarko's awards and recognitions, click here.
Adhering to Regulations
Though focus is always on prevention, we also recognize the importance of preparation and response capabilities. That’s why we develop a comprehensive emergency response plan for each project. All personnel and members of the wider response network (contractors, suppliers, government agencies, etc.) are expected to understand their roles and responsibilities, and the plan is reviewed and approved by Maritime New Zealand (MTNZ) prior to commencing operations.
Anadarko works cooperatively with MTNZ and has access to the Global Response Network – a coalition of major response companies – which provides a significant inventory of containment and response equipment, as well as the expertise to respond anywhere in the world.
Permitting and reporting requirements
Anadarko is committed to working cooperatively with New Zealand Petroleum and Minerals and routinely meets with government agencies to make sure we are aware of and responsive to regulatory requirements. Companies seeking to explore for and produce oil and natural gas must adhere to regulatory requirements in a number of areas, including:
- Environmental protection
- Emergency Response
- Biosecurity management
- Health and safety
The Value of Servant Leadership
Among Anadarko’s core values is servant leadership, defined as placing the success of others above our own. This describes our approach to the sustainability of our operations. We look to extend success beyond our commercial interests, to our human interests, and we look forward to delivering real gains for New Zealand’s economy.