Anadarko is committed to investing in the communities in which we live and work. That means investing and giving of our time, efforts and funds. At Anadarko, we develop relationships with non-profit partners to facilitate many of our positive contributions to communities and enable sustainability of our projects well into the future. Anadarko’s social investment positively affects the economies of local towns and cities, and enhances the lives of individuals.
Our support in 2013, displayed by leadership and employees alike, provided funding to more than 250 non-profit organizations worldwide; and, Anadarko employees volunteered more than 40,000 hours to charitable causes.
At Anadarko, we prioritize our social investments among the following groups:
- Charitable Giving: Financial donations that may be one-time or recurring but are not necessarily directly related or impactful to Anadarko operations.
- Community Investment: Carefully designed development initiatives that are mutually beneficial to both our host communities and our operations that may involve employee volunteers. These projects are developed in partnership with local organizations and community leaders to mobilize affected communities, which take sustainable ownership in the identification, design and delivery of project components.
- Regional Development Initiatives (RDI): Large-scale projects bringing benefit to broad geographic regions. RDIs are typically administered by a non-profit organization (NGO) and may provide long-term and far-reaching socioeconomic benefits to regional populations.
- Volunteerism: Programs typically in partnership with philanthropy or community investment projects that provide opportunities for our employees to contribute both time and financial resources to the local community.
Loading video gallery...
Additionally, our leadership team members contribute business acumen to non-profit organizations by serving on Boards of Trustees or Boards of Directors. Some of the non-profit organizations on which our leadership serves include:
- American Geological Institute Foundation
- Anchor Center for the Blind
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Houston
- Boys & Girls Club Houston Foundation.
- Cerebral Palsy Research Foundation
- Colorado Board of Parks & Wildlife
- Colorado Children’s Chorale
- Communities in Schools
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- Denver Children’s Advocacy Center
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation
- Education for Tomorrow Alliance
- Episcopal Health Foundation
- Firefly Autism
- Generations Cancer Foundation
- Girls, Inc
- Girl Scouts of San Jacinto County
- Greater Houston Partnership
- Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Houston Endowment
- Interfaith of The Woodlands
- International School of Beijing
- Junior Achievement Regional Chapters
- Kipp Public Charter Schools
- Lycoming County United Way
- Mile High United Way
- Montgomery County Food Bank
- Montgomery County United Way
- Montgomery County Women’s Center
- Pennsylvania College of Technology Foundation
- River Oaks Chamber Orchestra
- Sam Houston Area Council Boy Scouts of America
- St. John’s School, Houston, TX
- Susquehanna Health
- Texas Medical Center
- Theatre Under the Stars
- United Way of Greater Houston
- Williamsport Area School District Career & Technical Education
- World Affairs Council of Houston