Anadarko recognizes the future value to its industry through partnership with universities. We invest in higher-level learning through financial commitments and donated time of our employees to train, guide curriculums, and teach.
Anadarko’s Summer Internship Program was ranked number two in the energy industry by Vault Inc. This recognition demonstrates the value Anadarko places on developing talent and creating a challenging and rewarding work environment for students.
Our Partners in Continuing Education
- Better Education through Teacher Training and Empowerment for Results: Anadarko supported a two-day training workshop to promote gender equality in children's books in Mozambique. A team of educators, publishers, writers and illustrators benefited from the WILSA-led sessions. This initiative is part of a Canadian government funded bi-lateral project implemented by CODE and its country partner, Associação Progresso.
- Colorado School of Mines: Anadarko donated $1.25 million to support the departments of petroleum engineering, geology, and geological engineering and geophysics by contributed funding to the construction of Marquez Hall, a petroleum engineering facility.
- Eduardo Mondlane University: Anadarko sponsored the development of the first advanced degree program in Petroleum Engineering in Maputo, Mozambique.
- Montana Tech of the University of Montana: Anadarko contributed to the funding of the new Natural Resources Research Center featuring state-of-the-art facilities including a petroleum research lab, nano research lab and energy lab.
- Penn College of Technology: Anadarko established the “Train the Trainer” and “SafeLand USA” programs and has trained more than 4,000 people to date for industry work force.
- Texas A&M University: Anadarko contributed funding to the renovation of the Joe C. Richardson Petroleum Engineering Building.
- Texas Tech University: Anadarko contributed funding to the engineering college for a laboratory in the research building.
- University of Oklahoma: Anadarko contributed funding to the Mewbourne School of Petroleum and Geological Engineering.
- University of Wyoming: Anadarko contributed funding to the Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Energy Resource Recovery Program.
- Utah State University: Anadarko contributed funding to the Robert H. Williams Classroom and the Anadarko Industrial Technology Building.