Contractor Safety Engagement
At Anadarko, we value our contractors and the important contributions they make to the success of our business. Contractors play a valuable role in fulfilling our commitment to a safety-first culture and conducting our business the right way.
Anadarko Commits To:
- Reviewing a contractor’s HSE performance history when they are contracted by Anadarko and periodically thereafter as long as they continue to do work for Anadarko
- Communicating to our contractors their rights to exercise Stop Work Authority
- Providing HSE expectations to contractors
- Informing contractors of their role in emergency management and providing communication tools to report HSE incidents consistent with Anadarko’s policies and procedures
- Working with contractors to minimize potential HSE risks in the workplace
Contractor Onboarding Process:
- Contract companies are reviewed during onboarding and assigned requirements based on the potential risk associated with services being provided.
- Information reviewed can include but is not limited to:
- Safety statistical information
- Safety programs
- Training documentation
Anadarko Contract Auditing Process
In addition, Anadarko periodically audits specific contractors utilized at field locations and facilities, including PSM facilities.
Anadarko Expects Contractors To:
- Respect the spirit and intent of Anadarko’s core values
- Embrace our culture of maintaining a safe work environment and, recognizing that safety, health and environmental incidents are preventable
- Strive for zero injuries and incidents
- Report all incidents and share lessons learned
- Promote continuous improvement in our processes, which reduces risk to health, safety and the environment
- Adhere to applicable laws, regulations, company policies and procedures, and recognized standards
Anadarko utilizes ISNetworld to evaluate our contractors’ historic safety performance and health and safety programs.
If you have concerns regarding a contractor who is doing work for Anadarko, we encourage you to contact our 24-hour hotline or call 877-781-2434.