“Having Anadarko’s help and support makes it possible for the museum to pursue our mission of educating and empowering children. [Anadarko’s] generosity and interest in the museum’s work will directly have a positive impact on children in our community.“
— Angela Colton
Executive Director of The Woodlands Children’s Museum
At Anadarko, our approach to charitable giving is about more than writing a check; it’s about becoming fundamentally involved in and collaborating with an organization to better serve the needs of a community. Anadarko supports a variety of initiatives within our geographic areas of worldwide operations. Anadarko provides financial support to hundreds of global non-profit organizations and supports various university scholarship funds in engineering and science. One of the most effective ways we have found to create positive change in our communities is through United Way. Anadarko has a long history of supporting United Way by matching employee donations dollar for dollar, doubling what United Way can do in our communities. From serving on boards of local United Way affiliates, to lending a helping hand during Days of Caring, to pledging personal earnings, employees give generously to the cause. In 2015, we exceeded our goals for dollars raised and percentage of employees who participated.
In the United Kingdom we support CARE International through an annual fundraising and volunteering campaign, similar to our commitment to United Way. In addition to annual donations, auctions, and other fundraising events, Anadarko employees also summit the UK’s three highest peaks in 24 hours and participate in the UK Challenge: a 60-mile/ 30-hour course of running, cycling, canoeing, constructing, and problem-solving to support CARE International.
We contribute to national, regional and local organizations. Below are some recent examples of our commitment to charitable giving:
- Anadarko recently made a $30,000 gift to the Craig’s Community Reintegration program at Craig Hospital in Denver, which gives newly disabled individuals the skills and opportunity to become economically self-sufficient again.
- Anadarko partnered with the National Wild Turkey Federation to host Fueling Conservation, an annual event in Williamsport, Pa., to raise funds for wildlife conservation projects in Lycoming and Clinton Counties of North Central Pennsylvania.
- Supported since 2005, the Queen’s Walk in the United Kingdom is a facility catering to all types of disability needs. In 2014, Anadarko donated funds for a “Magic Carpet,” an interactive play mat that changes from a soccer field to a fish pond in a given second. Connected to an “Eye-Tracker,” this Magic Carpet allows those with limited mobility to play or interact with the chosen environment using only their eyes.
- Anadarko was honored to participate in the building of a Life Flight Landing Zone in Lock Haven, Pa. The Long Spring Lane Landing Zone (LZ) offers prime access for safety personnel in emergencies located along the west branch of the Susquehanna River and in rural surrounding areas that are isolated and inaccessible for most emergency response vehicles.
- The company donated seven laptops to The Woodlands Children’s Museum for use in the museum’s Lego Robotiks class, serving children from two to 10 years of age.
- In 2014, Anadarko sponsored the Open Days Energy event, which provides energy educational opportunities for 5,000 children in schools across five regions in Algeria.
- For the 2014 Holiday Season, employees and contractors in Carrizo Springs, Texas, donated $85,000 in gifts for children in need in Laredo, Texas.
- In support of the Denver Post Community Foundation, Anadarko sponsored the Pedal the Plains bicycle tour, a celebration of the cycling culture that provides numerous economic benefits for host communities including Future Farmers of America, 4-H and Rural Solutions.
- In 2013, Anadarko aligned with the Women’s Foundation of Colorado and sponsored the Girls Leadership Council which gave 20 high school students the opportunity to visit various industries in Colorado to learn more about opportunities for women in the workforce.
“We think of Anadarko as a partner, rather than just a funder. While the financial support the company provides for our program is critical to our success, Anadarko’s thoughtful and strategic approach to how and where that funding is applied has helped us create stronger events, increase awareness of our program and gain new donors. Anadarko’s support has made it possible for us to prepare and deliver thousands of meals to critically-ill Coloradans, and we are proud to recognize the company as one of our key corporate partners.”
— Amy Daly
Vice President of Development for Project Angel Heart
Other Notable Recent Sponsorships and Organizations We Support
- 2014 World Malaria Day in Mozambique
- 2013 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- American Cancer Society of Weld County
- The American Diabetes Association
- Denver Children’s Advocacy Center
- Denver Children’s Hospital
- Denver Hospice
- Mile High Down Syndrome Association
- National Jewish Health
- Shriner’s Hospital for Children
- Sky High for St. Jude’s
- Susquehanna Health Foundation
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- 2014 Hillingdon Math Challenge – United Kingdom
- 2014 British Council Premier Skills Competition in Algeria
- 2014 Reading is Fundamental Annual Gala
- Alliance for Choice in Education
- Boys & Girls Club Local Affiliates
- Denver Scholarship Foundation
- Fulmer Infant School – United Kingdom
- Halima Orphanage & Adult Literacy Centers in Mozambique
- Meadow High School – United Kingdom
- Neuhaus Education Center
- South Texas Energy and Economic Round Table (STEER)
Cultivating Arts and Culture
- 2014 Thanksgiving Day Run Thru the Woods
- 2014 Little League World Series Grand Slam Parade
- 2014 Woodlands Waterway Arts Council Festival
- 2013 Arapahoe County, Colorado County Fair and House Golf Tournament
- Colorado Black American West Museum Annual Pride and Progress Gala
- 2013 Denver Civic Center Conservancy Independence Eve Celebration and Civic Center Gala
- Colorado Future Farmers of America 2013 Celebration
- 2013 Theatre Under the Stars Gala
- Colorado Business Committee for the Arts
- Concerts for Kids
- Coors Western Art Exhibit at the National Western Stock Show
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Denver Public Schools Indian Foundation
- Denver Zoo
- National Association of Black Geologists
- Native American Career Fair
- River Oaks Chamber Orchestra
- The Woodlands Symphony Orchestra
Improving Communities from Within
- 2014 American Association of Drilling Engineers Clay-Shoot for Wounded Warriors in Pennsylvania
- 2013 Weld County, Colorado County Fair, Junior Livestock Auction, Fallen Officers Memorial and Food Bank
- Boy Scouts of America
- Colorado Youth Outdoors
- Montgomery County Food Bank, Women’s Center, and Youth Services
- Palmer Drug Abuse Program
- Recipe for Success
- Sheltering Arms Senior Services
- Swakesfield House – United Kingdom
- The YMCA of Greater Houston
- Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
Caring for the Natural Environment
- 2014 Open Doors Day (Algerian National Agency of the Encouragement and Rationalization of the Use of Energy)
- Clean Vehicle Education Foundation
- Colorado Coalition of Land Trusts
- Mule Deer Foundation
- Rocky Mountain Raptor Program
- Susquehanna Greenway
- North Central Pennsylvania Conservancy
- National Wild Turkey Federation
Loading video gallery...